Fans often fail intermittently and may appear to be operating when inspected. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help identify a problem.
- Power cycle the inverter and hold a piece of paper near the fans. As the inverter boots up, it will command the fans to run full speed momentarily.
- While the inverter is in stop and control power is on, disconnect a stack ribbon cable or jumper and the fans should run full speed for you to inspect.
- Using the SMA service/partner login, adjust parameters so that the inverter commands the fans to run full speed.
- Try setting “FanCabTmpSpnt” to 20 degrees C instead of 40. Save the setting and the cabinet fans should operate full speed.
- You could also use “FanCabTmpExlStr” and set that to a lower setting if the temperature is currently below 20 degrees C.
- Be sure to set parameters back to the way they were and save.